Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I broke down ...


After months of warning Lucy that earrings hurt, and her still asking for them ... even saying "I like pokes, yes ma'am" I broke down. I even had her watch her aunt Jen get earrings, complete with the dreaded gloves (Lucy has had lots of blood draws, she knows what the gloves mean), and pokey earrings, still she said "yes momma I want earrings". She definitely did NOT want the 2ND ear pierced, but we were "in it to win it" at that point and I held my baby down (I feel a little guilty). She was over the hurt very quickly and moved on to tell everyone at the MOA about her earrings.




Lucy before the piercing making her final decision of "yes" to earrings




Before the piercing, all excited ...




Not so excited now


"and the painted ponies go up and down ... " my baby is growing up!

6 comments:

veggiemom said...

As a mom who had my babe's ears pierced shortly after she came home at 8 months, I say, Yay Mom! Lucy looks so cute with her earrings (although she is perfectly adorable preearring too.)
Kerri and Ruby

Mama Papaya said...

Look at the little lady!

Nancy said...

Yay Lucy! Yay momma! Great photos.

I have M on video getting her ears pierced (though she was 8 months old) and even then she was none too happy. Then I spent the next year looking all over the place for the earrings she kept pulling out. Finally found some to stay in!

Welcome to the life of accessorizing :)

Mamato2 said...

MalĂ­a got her ears pierced only 4 days after we got home- she was 6 months old. I never considered waiting, but I think it's awesome that Lucy made her own decision. :)

Anonymous said...

Grandma, she is still to young but what does Grandma know. Love the look

Gracie's Mom said...

Oh Lucy looks so adorable. We got Gracie's pierced just 3 days after we were home. I thought I'd faint when she screamed so loud. But all is well that ends well. Be diligent with the cleaning. One of Gracie's ears got a little red and I was so nervous but after a few days of neosporin it was fine thank goodness.