Friday, June 27, 2008

And now it's Friday ...

swimming races

babysitting rules: controlled chaos


ok not always so controlled

I'd say Jacob is growing ... he's almost 1!


I think the week went by fast because I missed two days of work. Whatever the reason, I welcome Friday with big open arms and can't wait until "the bell rings" and I can zip outta work, grab my girl and start partying! We've babysat the boys for the past two nights. Last night was a night-night time challenge. 4 kids one adult two flights of stairs. Boys upstairs, Lucy downstairs and baby in arms. Everyone needed attention. Poor Jacob, having a hard time settling down would become roused every time I had to pop up to answer Lucy's cries or the boys random loud noises from upstairs. First Isaac, then Jacob then it's a debate over who fell asleep next. Come 9:30pm I was ready to put my feet up and have a couple brewskies. I settled for a caffeine free diet coke.

Lucy has started repeating what I say. It's pretty funny for now. I'll say "Lucy why are you so mad?" and she'll say "why are you so mad?" and I'll say "I am not mad, you seem mad" and she'll say "I am not mad, you seem mad" at which point I'll catch on that she's copying me (I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree) and she'll have stopped being mad and we'll play for awhile and move on.

Tonight for off for the pre-picnic swimming party and tomorrow is the picnic!!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Oh, she is just too cute! Thanks for sharing all the photo's.