Thursday, February 14, 2008

Breathing

One thing that has surprised me about being a parent is how many times since Lucy came home that I've feared she would be unable to breathe. I thought this was a phenomenon associated with newborns. Last night in the middle of the night, her gasping and squeaking stopped. I shot up in my bed. I rushed to her room to find her breathing somewhat normally, in out, in out, in out. I smiled.

Her last fever was yesterday morning. She is still very congested. Her face is swollen with congestion but the fever is gone.

OH and I love that I can dress her warm again.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Glad to hear her fever's down! Hopefully the congestion will ease up too!!!

cathy said...

It's good to know I'm not the only mom that sprints to her child's room when they hear the breathing change. That sure gets your adrenaline going, eh? I am SO glad she's on the mend.

Anonymous said...

so glad to hear the fever seems to be done... that was a long haul.

Deirdre said...

I'm so happy to hear she's starting to improve! Still sending lots of healing thoughts your way.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear she's getting better. Praying that she's completely well soon.

Mamato2 said...

I hear ya on the breathing thing. And last night the angel monitor went off, just as I was dreaming that she was falling down the stairs! She was okay- just off in a corner of the crib. sigh.
Lucy, you keep breathing easily and keep fever free, okay?