Thursday, October 16, 2008

some funnies (or oddities)

A conversation from the other night:
*note: Auntie Jen is really my cousin, but since I am an only child and not married Lucy is low on the REAL auntie department and since cousin Jen is also an only child and unmarried she is currently low on actual nieces ... and auntie Jen lives in our house (in our newly remodeled basement, more on the room changes later) and auntie Jen will be turning 30 in short order.

Auntie Jen: Lucy hurry up and get your shoes on so we can go to Target
Mama: Yeah Lucy auntie Jen and I are all ready to go
Lucy: (whining and kicking her feet) no mama, you can't go, no grownups to target just me and Jen ...

alllllll righttty then!

on same shopping trip ... in car with auntie jens new white plastic clothes hamper beside her

Lucy: whiningggggggggg
Mama: Lucy what is wrong? (not at all irritated)
Lucy: I am having a little trouble back here.
Mama: trouble with what?
Lucy: the hamper is scary me
Mama: the hamper is scary?
Lucy: it's peeking at me
Mama: (trying not to laugh ... must not ridicule child) it's ok Lucy we're almost home

*the hamper, feathers, shelf shadows (but if you drape a blanket over the shelf it's ok) and slippers on her bedroom floor are the only things that regularly scare Lucy


Lucy: mama Nathan had a bad dream this night.
Mama: oh that's sad
Lucy: and i went right up to his room really fast and I picked him up and carried him and he felt safe and healthy

3 comments:

Mama Papaya said...

Oh how I love toddler speak. :) Sweet. Crazy. And really always quite funny.

Mamato2 said...

She's a charcter! :)

Baseball_Lipgloss said...

Oh man, it is going to be a sad day when she realizes that I am a grownup. :(

-Auntie Jen