Tuesday, July 1, 2008

So very close to home ...



Here is a grieving mother holding her 4 old daughter's body after she died from malnutrition. The family lives in southern Ethiopia. Can you imagine the helplessness of watching your child die from lack of food. Imagine the four year old girl and what was happening to her body and soul. The story breaks my heart.


There are some ways to help. A fellow blogger waiting to bring a child home from Ethiopia offers one way to help. Please follow this link to her blog.








2 comments:

Gracie's Mom said...

This is heartwrenching. My God,my God, such suffering.

Nancy said...

I am going to donate money from t-shirt sales and just posted a call for support on my blog.

Thank you for the reminder - and this just after I stuffed my face at the Taste of Chicago...