First a disclaimer. Tom Petty ROCKED really hard! He hit every song I needed him to except one ... but still, sitting in the crowded arena it started dawning on me, slowly, ever so painfully slowly ... I am freakn' old.
Here's how I know ...
1. two martinis and I was "altered"
2. started pondering if they sell ear plugs
3. wanted the girls ahead of me to "just sit down and enjoy the show"
4. wanted to warn the boys in front of me that "too much pot can really damage your brain" I mean, seriously guys ...
5. wanted to move far away from the big cloud of smoke
6. had to get up and lean against a wall to "stretch my legs"
7. thought about ways the Target Center could limit the amount of alcohol sold to some of these obnoxious drinkers, and worried about the drive home
8. was a little anxious that the dancing girls might flip over the railing, get seriously hurt and maybe interrupt the show
9. sorta glad there wasn't a 2nd encore as I was just "so darn tired"
10. first thing I did once I got home after checking how my kid did was wash my hands.
-a little note to the woman who is entrusting me to drive the three teens to culture camp. I know it might be weird that I answered the phone after my two martinis, in a bar ... I mean, seriously it's been over 3 years since I've been in a bar with martinis and yet the first time we ever talk in person there I was in a loud bar with martinis ... but I thought you were the radio station guys calling to say I won me some tickets.
-a little note to my daughter. 6:30 a.m. is a lot too early, especially this morning.
-a little parenting advice to you bloglanders ... if you are going to pull your 3 yr old into your bed in the crazy hopes she'll "fall back asleep", it behooves you to make sure her/his toenails are clipped first.