Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday











ahhhh good days ...

today Lucy was really really balanced. It almost threw ME off balance to sort of float (flit) from one activity to another sans negotiation, irrationality, dysfunction etc. Even did her hair, got nothing from her. No, she doesn't have a high fever and she is not on benedryl or any other depressant.

We went to swim lessons today. To the casual observer Lucy might have appeared to be a highly active, ants-in-pants slightly nonconformist beautiful three year old. To me, she was perfect ... waited for her turn, did mostly what she was supposed to do ... wonderful. The greatness carried on, walking to the car, eating brunch, walking back to the car, falling asleep in the car, staying asleep for awhile at home, playing outside, going back inside, getting redressed, and the list goes on and on and on.

Thank you Lucy!!!!

7 comments:

Chris & Suzanne said...

isn't it great when they have these nice days. it makes you want to dance (well maybe just giggle so much that the average person thinks your insane). I just found you blog and i'm really enjoying it. my husband and i just started our homestudy and are really excited to have another child. we have our nine year old bio boy. He's an extremely difficult child. he has a temper, is defiant, and i understand why some species eat their young. These kids are worth it though, because they are also so clever, and loving.

veggiemom said...

Yay for a great day! Love the pics!

Nancy said...

Funny - I had just started a "Dear Stacy" email two days ago wanting to ask about dysregulation. Then I thought...I don't really want to know the answer :)

I am finding that 3 is 2 - just with an expanded vocabulary and octave range.

Glad you both had a day of calm.

Christina said...

Alright Lucy!

Heather said...

I love it when Jacob surprises me like that. Today it was finding him in bed getting ready to take a nap without me saying anything to him. It's also a scary sign of how fast they are growing up.

Mamato2 said...

That's awesome! I think it was something in the sunlight b/c Mal was an angel (relatively speaking) at church today, too. :)

Tami Tripp said...

Yippee...maybe a new small leaf has been turned. I've heard 4 1/2 is when things start getting easier...