Saturday, January 17, 2009

Musings from the land of little nod ...





Hi, My name is Stacy and I stayed up most of last night listening to Lucy breathe. At about 6:30 a.m. I came to the surface with a start as I heard no snoring from her room. What should I do??? If I go in there it will certainly wake her up ... but I can't just not do anything. Is it already too late? Shut up I tell myself, your're insane, no wonder the cosmos is making it impossible for you to have more then one child ... you'd die from too much crazy worry. What is that noise? Is it breathing, gurgleing ... crap now I have to go to the bathroom...

Turns out she was just fine. Fiesty as all get out this morning but she was breathing well. I know J (momma to little P) can relate ... sorry momma but that RSV you're dealing with, it's effects will go on and on and on ... Lucy's pediatrician thought that maybe by this winter's end her lungs/airways will have grown enough to be able to handle colds in a more normal fashion. We've actually had a good winter so far.

This morning I had a conference at Lucy's preschool. I guess she's doing great. She is much more regulated now then she was in September and the teachers no longer are on special Lucy lookout duty. Whew. She's on the normal spectrum in terms of behavior. I think she's doing good at school cuz she gets all her sass and defiance out at home. I would rather she do this at home then at school though so A+ to you Lucy-Lu ... A+

Here are a couple photos from her preschool family night last night. Good night.

2 comments:

Mamato2 said...

MalĂ­a doesn't have breathing issues, but she has leep issues, so when she is asleep for more than 3 hours in a row, I too, go into that hyper-alert mode and have to fight with myself not to go check her for fear of waking her up, or is I do not check, what if she's already gone, craziness. Oh I hope things get better for you and her!

Jennifer said...

Good job at school, Lucy!! I hope her poor little lungs clear up and you and she both get some good sleep!