Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Where's Obama?

Because she woke up at 6:23 this morning we had LOTS AND LOTS of time to 1. rid her dresser of some summer clothes 2. have a snack AND breakfast 3. rock and snuggle 4. play with a baby 5. go to vote all before heading to the first day of full-day preschool.

After explaining repeatedly to Lucy that we are going to VOTE not on a BOAT. Lucy "a fishing boat?" Momma: "no, VOTING, like VOTING for OBAMA, but different" and then Lucy remembered ... so when we got to our polling place she looked around and said "Where's Obama?" after explaining that he's not here, and in fact, not even Al Franken is here ... she then looked around and asked "Momma, where the lake is?" Momma said "Lake?" Lucy says "for the fish boat" ... so she doesn't get the democratic process but she sure loved the "I Voted" sticker.

I nervously dropped Lucy off at Urban Arts Academy Preschool. Her first day. Full-day. I am nervous. Not many of the kids are full day students. Some will leave at 12:30 and others will arrive at 1pm. Lucy will stay all day. I wanted the teachers to ask me all sorts of questions about Lucy's personality, behavior, needs ... but they didn't. I hoovered around nervously until Lucy said "momma you go to work now, please, thanks" ... adios kid.

I have my moles checking in at her at 12:30 and at 1pm ... I expect full reports.

Stacy

2 comments:

veggiemom said...

LOL! Every time Medina see's Obama's picture, she wants to call him on the phone. Hmm...
Kerri, Medina, and Ruby

Eastiopians said...

How did the art academy go yesterday? P.S...We are going to Boat for Obama too! :)