Saturday, July 7, 2007

Lucy had an idea ...

We were a little bored this evening. It's about 900 degrees outside and even our little wading pool is too hot (hotter then the bathtub). Going to the park was out of the question. I was too lazy to go to a beach (it was after 6pm). What to do what to do? I sat at the computer to see if there was any outdoor live music anywhere. I said to Lucy "I am looking for something to do." She ran up to me and said "ducks ducks eat eat" while motioning to her mouth. I said "you want to go feed the ducks?" and she said "yes" and ran to the kitchen shouting "bread bread". I was so amazed. It's been at least 2 months since we've fed ducks. I never mention it ... we've had no recent duck encounters. She totally remembered from a long time ago .. and she wanted to do it. This is such a different stage for her. A request. Of course we went in the 900 degree day to feed the ducks (Lucy ate about 3 brat buns ... the ducks didn't get much). It was so fun. We saw baby ducks. Lucy had a blast. I love that girl.

1 comment:

jayme said...

Awww... I love that Lucy's idea involved nurturing and caring for others. Clearly she has a great role model!