Sunday, July 22, 2007

Ethiopia


I realize I don't write about Ethiopia much. I think about it all the time. I honestly don't know what to say about it. Carrie called it something like "achingly beautiful" I feel that is a very accurate/short description. It's hard because the fakey part of me wants to go on and on about how lovely the country was and how beautiful, breathtaking amazing etc ... but I didn't get out of the city ... and honestly I didn't find the city beautiful at all. I haven't written much about it because it's so complicated, the city and the people and my feelings and reactions to it. Tonight I read another mother's entry about her feelings ... I felt like she took the thoughts out of my head and wrote them. If you want to read something "achingly beautiful" please click here.

1 comment:

Mama Papaya said...

Stacy,

Our minds our traveling in unison right now. Ethiopia weighs heavy on my mind and in my heart.