Tuesday, April 24, 2007

She's a big kid now


Lucy's officially big. She's sleeping in her big girl bed. Tonight will be the third night. The crib is gone. Sad ... I find myself a little worried that if she had the will she could wander through the house at night. Fortunately her door is sticky and she'd have to be real mad to force it open, and I would hear her through the monitor if it got to that point. Lucy is also quite the singer. Almost anyone off the street can easily pick up what she is singing by the tune alone (the words are a bit off), it's adorable to hear her sing. She definately has her idea of what is a good song and what is a bad song, right now the CD in the car only has 3 good songs: track 1, track 10 and track 11 ... sometimes she will tolerate about 1/2 of track 12. Thankfully one of the songs she hates is the banana phone song ... "my cellular bananular phoooonnnneee"! Tonight at the park I learned (from another mother) a new form of "disipline" ... while I tend to explain, distract, time-out and occasionally yell (though this induces tremendous amounts of guilt) this mother just looks point-plank at her 1 yr old daughter (who was throwing a fit upon being removed from the swing) and says "stop it or I'll call the police and you'll go to jail". Amazingly the baby stopped. Hmmmmmmmmmm ....

2 comments:

cathy said...

So BIG! How did that happen? I remember when our son moved to a big boy bed and we woke up at 3 in the morning to the sound of him playing with the water in the bathroom sink. He adjusted, though. Gee, what's with the bats? I never saw any of those when we lived in Mpls (thankfully).

Anonymous said...

I'm totally cracking up about the calling-the-police tactic! It's amazing how much parenting consists of bribery, threats, or some combination of the two ;)...of course, in our brighter moments we're all zen goddesses of loving discipline...right?

Lucy looks so grown-up! What a SWEETIE.