Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weekend gone


I should be relieved that Lucy seems to be on the mend. Her fever never got above 101 today and she only had two doses of fever reducer. She seemed pretty active but a little moody, probaby bored. I must use this platform once again as a whining post.


I wanted to do so much this weekend. Saturday afternoon I wanted to take my girl for a mother daughter hike. Sunday we were going to the zoo to see the Africa Exhibit as the next couple weekends are full and who knows what will happen after that. Summers go too quick to waste time sitting in a house managing a fever. Dumb fever.


Well ... here's to hoping Lucy sleeps through the night and doesn't get an unmanageable fever as I am not waking up to check her temp and give her meds tonight. I hope that she wakes up with no fever and keeps it at bay through the day. I am sure my mother who has been held hostage here also hopes that Lucy gets better so she can go home. She'll be providing child care Monday for sure.

3 comments:

Mama Papaya said...

I hear you. We had a fairly quiet weekend too because Gator and I have something akin to silly putty in our sinuses. Figs was so done with us.

Glad to hear and see that Lucy is perking up. So sorry your weekend disappeared.

3GenerationsFarm said...

Sorry about your weekend! No sickness here - just sisters trying to kill each other....

cathy said...

I'm so sorry! I know how you were counting the HOURS until Friday night. What a terrible bummer, but I am glad she's on the mend.