Ahh there are days when I try things like baking bread with my daughter. Other days we do fun things like city hiking, looking for worms, cooking together, cleaning (her choice) the house, making music, painting etc.
Lest we not get fooled into thinking that on a daily basis I can rise and shine at or before 7, get myself and my kid up and presentable and out the door, work all day, get the kid and totally rock and roll until bedtime I present you with ....
THE DAYS I DON'T BLOG ABOUT
1. generally don't blog about the game where I lay on the couch fighting to stay conscious while half-*ssedly interacting with my bored child.
2. don't really blog about those days when I go for a drive in the hopes that she'll fall asleep
3. don't blog about driving 2 miles out of my way so I can use the drive through Caribou instead of the locally owned coffee shop down the road
4. avoid blogging about the daily morning struggle to get Lucy to use the potty before she pees in her pull - up (and it's just as much of a struggle to take the pull up off first)
5. avoid blogging about saying "*ucking *ell" those two mornings (one involved squirrels in a bag of garbage, and not the same incident with the knee injury, we have evil squirrels)
6. and I don't blog about all the pretend phone calls I make to grandpa when I threaten to tell him about what she's doing so that she'll shape up ... yeah, dems some good parenting skills.