Thursday, October 18, 2007

Monkey's out the window?


I FINALLY figured it out this morning. I was seriously getting a little freaked out. Lucy seemed obsessed with looking out the window and saying "monkey's hous, monkey's house" and repeating this over and over and over. I started thinking about the possibilities of monkey ghosts and whether monkey ghosts are safe nice casper like ghosts or are they evil biting screaming ghosts. Lucy didn't seem scared so I took her lead but it was still eating at me. This morning she would NOT stop repeating this mantra as she pointed out the window and all of a sudden in a burst of "I am getting a little more sleep and am not feeling quite so stupid" I realized that monkey's = Ahmahndee (our neighbor boy) and that she was pointing at Ahmahndee's house and had to keep repeating because I kept saying "Yes Lucy, monkey house".

1 comment:

Baseball_Lipgloss said...

Wow! You get major props for figuring that one out. I still think she sees other ghosts around the house.

Hey Lucy,
Can you tell the monkey to stop bouncing the ball?

-Jen