Saturday, February 3, 2007

Peace and quiet...

As much as I cherish my time with Lucy ... I have to admit that my favorite time of the day is right now. Early morning. I try to get up about an hour before the Lucita. I pick up a little while the coffee is brewing. I get the dishes soaking. When my coffee is done I sit at the computer. The lights of the house are off. Lucy is snoring away. The dog is laying at my feet. No TV, no music, no phone. I just love it. The weekend mornings are the best because I can just sit and drink coffee until she wakes up ... weekdays I have to stop after the first cup to get myself ready for work. Weekends are based on the natural cycle of Lucy's sleep/wake. Now that she's feeling better she's sleeping more. Lucy was definately feeling good yesterday. We are still keeping to the house to let her fully recover before more germ warfare hits her at daycare Monday morning. Yesterday, what a hoot ... she accidentally fell once, but the fall was so dramatic and since she was on the rug, it wasn't painful. I had a friend over, plus auntie Jen ... we laughed at Lucy's fall. Lucy stood up, got this funny look in her eyes and then fake fell ... oh she was making a joke!!!!! What a riot. OK ... gonna go make that second cup ... yummmy.

1 comment:

Baseball_Lipgloss said...

You should mention the improv, acoustic sing-a-long to Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi. LuLu has good taste in music.