Thursday, April 22, 2010

Whoa! Dat der's a boatload of kids!

nothing like being put in charge of a pack of young, active, sassy kids to take your mind off of such stressfull thinks as job security, the downfall of humanity, a backload of paperwork and other issues.  I can pretty much say that from 5pm - 8pm thoughts of non immediate stressors did not enter my brain.  I'd like to say it was a nice relaxing break but ...
for a while they all congregated on this one patch of concrete patio.
a little crowded with a high potential for catfights and injury

you see here we have Nathan blocking Morgan's path (it was HIS turn after all)
and Jacob blocking Lucy's path (for that is his job, he's a blocker)

Jacob insisted on getting involved with activities that were over his head
you know, to help keep my mind off of job insecurity and the sad state
of the world.  Thanks Jakers!


thankfully, just as things were taking a serious turn for the worse
the neighbor kids came out and agreed to a rousing game of kick ball.
I lost 4 out of 5 kids to the neighbors yard, which I think is a wonderful
way to babysit.

so cute

the giant popsicles kept them sitting and quiet for 4 minutes


I wonder what has managed to capture and captivate the kids attention???

ahhh it's the neighbor kid with his big ole machine (um nerf) gun!

the forbidden fruit ... we all want it. these kiddos are very
attracted to the GUN.

Peace out! 

1 comment:

D said...

"I lost 4 out of 5 kids to the neighbors yard, which I think is a wonderful way to babysit"

I'm going to take that as a compliment. It seems my parenting style is totally rubbing off on you. A few more years of me wearing down your attentiveness and concern-for-wellbeing and you might even let Lucy have a sleepover at my hosue without you. :)