Thursday, January 10, 2008

Nurturing ...


Yesterday I was watching Lucy with one of her dolls. She rarely plays with dolls or any other toy for that matter, so it captured my attention. She was on top of the slide (we have a giganto castle in our living room right now) and was holding the baby. She looked down at that baby and ran her fingers down baby's cheek, "It's ok baby, no cry baby, Lucy's here, I love you to pieces baby". Ahhhhh it was so sweet. For one thing I love that she's playing pretend, I love that she is using her doll rather then a ball and I LOVE that she's kind and nurturing (to the doll anyway ... if you saw the video a couple days back, you'll see that it doesn't always extend to real live loved ones).

2 comments:

Melanie said...

AWWWWW I love that!!!!! Lucy you are soooo awesome....Love you lil Lucy!!!!

Mel

Tracey said...

Amara is kind of hot and cold with her dolls too. Occasionally she will get cuddly and nurturing with one, but then she will say, "mommy, catch!" and hurl it across the room at me.